Friday, February 11, 2011

Feta Cheese Dip

TRUTH: YOU CAN'T HAVE TOO MUCH CHEESE! Unless you're like...constipated...and that's because you weren't pairing your cheese with fruit and veggies and delicious whole grain crackers and breads ;) Anyway. (I'm hyper on sugar and chocolate right now, thanks to baking the chocolate raspberry swirl cakes, so if I'm a tad strange, that's why. Or it's genetic.)

Speaking of cheese...THE PACKERS WON THE SUPERBOWL! I wasn't that huge of a football fan, but having married a true Wisconsin man, I am now undyingly loyal and supportive of the Packers. It was for a Superbowl shindig that I created this dip...spread...whatever you want to call it. Cheddar cheese is very Wisconsin, and I do enjoy it immensely. However, the salty, sweet and colorful flavors of sun-dried tomatoes, red peppers, artichokes and mushrooms called to me, so I paired them with feta cheese for fun.

1 4-oz package feta cheese
4 crimini mushrooms
6 pieces sun-dried tomatoes
3 artichokes
1 large clove garlic
pepper to taste
balsamic vinegar to taste
olive oil to consistency
A few red peppers

Mince everything (except the red pepper) finely. Mix. Season with pepper. Add a few tablespoons balsamic vinegar. Taste, and decide whether or not to add more. Drizzle in olive oil until creamy.

Slice the red pepper into 1"X 1" chunks. Serve the dip on the red peppers for a healthy alternative to chips and crackers. Or eat on baguette, crackers, chips, etc, because it's delicious any way you eat it!

1 comment:

  1. Cheddar is apparently very New Zealand as well! I just picked up some NZ sharp cheddar from Trader Joes the other day! It was really yummy!

    That dip sounds SOOOOOO good! I am feeding 10 next thursday, I think I'm going to make it!
    Also: GO PACKERS!! WOO HOO!
    haha, I don't watch football either but it was awesome that they won :D

    ReplyDelete