Thursday, February 24, 2011

Scone and Muffin Joy

Chocolate Orange Scones with Orange Glaze
My dearest bro is in The Importance of Being Earnest. The high school is putting it on, and naturally, refreshments are needed for intermission. So my mother commissioned me to make some scones. WOOT! Today I made Chocolate Orange Scones, that have a yummy light glaze, and Raspberry Scones, that have a cracked sugar crust.

Raspberry Scones with Sugar Crust

Also, a friend, Sarah, came over and helped make more muffins to take to Jacob's school. She was in charge of re-inventing the recipe to accommodate oatmeal and raspberries. T'was a job well done, and I'm sure the tots will appreciate the deliciousness.

Blueberry muffins were supposed to be made for Jacob's class as well, but I forgot to get the muffin tin ready and forgot to add the sugar. So I added sugar, subsequently over-mixing them, and just put them in the jumbo muffin cups I had in the cupboard, making six jumbo muffins instead of 24 mini ones. Guess I'll be baking a bit more tonight!

ALL DELICIOUS though. In case you were wondering. ;) Also delicious was my lunch. Considering I spent the morning snacking on sweet treats and being quality-control, I decided on roasting brussel sprouts and some butternut squash with a drizzle of olive oil, a splash (or three) of white wine, some thyme and pepper, and baking it at 450 for about an hour. Oh, I also threw some onions in there. Good and filling. Go fiber!
Enough for now, more baking tonight ;)

 So here is a picture of my not-so healthy but yummy lunch! The only bummer is it made for lots of gas. Normally I'm not bothered, but as a massage therapist...T.M.I. I know. :)

Now I'm off to go to some 'oga! Today was not a good day, but baking sure made it warmer and full of good smells, not to mention fun conversation. Hopefully ending with some yoga and maybe some picking up around the house will put it all right.

Om :) Namaste!

Om...Om Nom Nom....see there is a connection between meditation and food. Sorry... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment